We’re growing again! HonestReporting Canada is seeking an energetic, organized and tech savvy individual to join our team in a newly created position as our Digital and Social Media Director.
If you’re passionate about Israel, have demonstrated experience in social media and want to make a real difference for Israel, come join us!
Job Title: Digital and Social Media Director
HonestReporting Canada (HRC) is an independent grass-roots organization promoting fairness and accuracy in Canadian media coverage of Israel and the Middle East. With the assistance of our 50,000 subscribers from coast to coast, HRC monitors the media, recognizes excellence and exposes inaccuracy and bias in Canadian reporting on the region.
HRC is seeking a full-time Digital and Social Media Director to work remotely, with the possibility of some in-office hours.
The Digital and Social Media Director reports directly to HRC’s Executive Director, along with its Board of Directors, and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive social media strategic plan, managing HRC’s social media communications across all our platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram; as well as launching HRC channels on new and emerging digital platforms including Snap Chat, TikTok and Clubhouse. The Director will also conceptualize, launch and manage a new HRC website, mobile apps and various online technologies HRC uses.
As an integral member of HRC’s management team, you will contribute to the development of HRC’s continued efforts and help shape its strategic direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all of HRC’s social media platforms. Manage and implement strategy, content, cross platform application, calendar management, goal setting, reporting, etc.
- Maximize traffic, engagement, and growth across all social platforms
- Develop compelling and effective social media content and campaigns to engage key target audiences and work to grow our subscriber bases
- Conceptualize and produce viral-worthy educational videos and conduct live-hit interviews with today’s thought-leaders and industry experts
- Develop and manage a monthly social media calendar of text, meme and video post content appropriate to each platform
- Leverage social media measurement and analytic tools to report on campaign effectiveness and engagement, while informing ongoing and future social media strategy
- Act as social media expert for our team, identifying latest trends, technologies and industry best practices
- Other tasks as may be required from time to time
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma with emphasis on marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field and a minimum 2 years private sector experience working in a digital marketing role and content planning experience; and executing a social media strategy
- Demonstrated track record of experience in social and digital media, political advocacy, communications, and/or public education
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Wochit, video editing software and graphic design
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to identify appropriate tone and style for effective messaging
- Strong knowledge of Israel & the Middle East, Canada’s Jewish community and its key advocacy priorities
- Experience working with insight tools like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.
- Understanding of SEO, inbound marketing, content, social and web design (WordPress)
- Understanding of the communications/media/PR landscape
- Media savvy
- Experience with organic and third-party social media analytics tools
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of, and an appreciation for, the mission of HonestReporting Canada
- Maturity, judgement, and personal commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Commitment to collaborative leadership
- Comfortable juggling multiple assignments while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
This position is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, portfolio, and resume to email@example.com.
(Please note that we are unable to answer all individual queries and applications. Only relevant candidates will be contacted).