Via Twitter today, ex-CBC reporter Neil Macdonald lamented the death of Palestinian chief “negotiator” Saeb Erekat.
Known for his anti-Israel bias, Macdonald chose to describe Erekat as a “good, decent man…” Macdonald conveniently forgot the following about Erekat:
- He led a $400-million Palestinian ‘Pay for Slay’ policy of paying salaries of terrorists & murderers of Israelis
- He demanded “right of return” meaning war & ‘s destruction
- He undermined peace, promoted conflict & terror
- He promoted the antisemitic BDS movement
- He spread the Jenin Massacre blood libel
- He received VIP treatment and died at an Israeli hospital
- He supported rejectionism, unilateralism, incitement & propaganda
Not surprisingly, Macdonald’s former employer, the CBC, published a report today which lionized Erekat and ignored his anti-peace credentials.