It’s an absurd claim that reporters peddle from time to time. While there hasn’t been a full-fledged war between Israel and the Gaza-based Palestinian terrorists since 2014, the idea that a “relative calm” exists is simply not true.
This contention was made on November 13 by CTV News Anchor Beverly Thomson (pictured above) in a tape-talk with CTV journalist Paul Workman who was reporting from London on the recent hostilities between Israel and Hamas.
Watch the full tape-talk below:
In reality, Israel hasn’t enjoyed a day of “relative calm”. Palestinian-initiated violence directed at Israeli soldiers and civilians continues unabated.
Just consider the following 20 attacks that occurred before and after these recent hostilities:
- November 14, 2018: Israeli Army Arrests Palestinian Throwing Grenades Near Gaza Border
- November 9, 2018: Palestinian infiltrates from Gaza, sets greenhouse on fire in Israeli community
- November 7, 2018: Bus driver, passenger lightly injured in shooting attack near W. Bank settlement
- November 6, 2018: Palestinian shot after trying to stab border police with scissors in West Bank
- November 5, 2018: Palestinian tries to stab soldier in West Bank, is shot and lightly wounded
- October 27, 2018: Islamic Jihad calls ceasefire as Israel hits back at 30-plus rockets from Gaza
- October 24, 2018: Iron Dome fails to down rocket fired at Israel from Gaza
- October 22, 2018: Israeli forces kill Palestinian who tried to stab a soldier
- October 20, 2018: Security forces foil attempted terror attack in settlement near Jerusalem
- October 17, 2018: Rocket fire from Gaza hits house in Beersheba
- October 15, 2018: Palestinians Try to Attack Israeli Supreme Court Justice Near West Bank Home
- October 14, 2018: Gazan who was killed at close range had rushed soldier with knife – officer
- October 13, 2018: Armed Palestinian arrested at West Bank checkpoint: ‘I came to kill Jews’
- October 11, 2018: A stabbing attack was just carried out in Hativa Square in the Shomron Regional Council
- October 4, 2018: Pre-teen Palestinian boy threatens to stab Israeli soldiers
- September 22, 2018: Police say they nabbed Palestinian on way to carry out attack in northern Israel
- September 18, 2018: Palestinian attempts Yom Kippur stabbing in Jerusalem, is killed — police
- September 17, 2018: Arson balloon launched by Palestinian terrorists
- September 16, 2018: Ari Fuld, 45, named as victim of West Bank stabbing attack
- September 14, 2018: Pipe bomb thrown at IDF troops on Gaza fence; soldiers respond with fire
This is just a short list going back to just September 14 and we have omitted many of the daily terror attacks carried out by Palestinian terrorists.
For CTV News and for other media outlets to dare to claim that a “relative calm” has ever existed is without foundation.